24th EGF General Meeting 2012EGF2012
"Grassland – a European resource?"
EGF2012 was a success. 313 participants from 40 different countries were attending the 24th EGF General Meeting held 3-7 June 2012 in Lublin, Poland.
40 young scientists registered for master classes and 100 experts participated in a series of workshops on selected topics and took part to the excursions prior to the workshops.The offered pre- and post-conference tour were booked by 25 people.
The proceedings, volume 17 of the book in the series Grassland Science in Europe, contains 204 papers (see Proceedings).
The Summary of the scientific programme can be downloaded below.
Decisions by the EGF Executive Committee and the EGF Business Meeting, recpectively:
- EGF will establish a Scientific Advisory Board for consultation on strategic and scientific aspects.
- EGF established contact with the EU (DG AGRI) to be maintained in the future.
- EGF elaborated EGF Resolutions (download below) on the CAP reform and sent them to the EU.
Elections to the Executive Committee:
- President: Marshall (United Kingdom) for the period 2012-2014
- Regional representatives: Countries to represent EGF regions 2012-2014
- Northern Europe – Finland
- North Eastern Europe – Estonia
- Eastern Europe – Bulgaria
- South Eastern Europe – Bosnia/Herzegovina
- Federation Secretary: Kessler (Switzerland) re-elected for 2012-2014
The EGF congratulates and thanks Prof. Dr Frank O’Mara, but especially also Dr Michael O’Donovan, Dr Deirdre Hennessy, and all their colleagues who were involved in the organisation of this successful conference. In addition, a special thank is addressed to the important generous sponsors and supporters.
The participants in EGF2018 experienced most interesting sessions and exciting tours. They retained pleasant thoughts and memories of Ireland – and Teagasc, excellent proceedings and good memories of the warm Irish hospitality and valuable personal contacts.